Thursday, March 20, 2014

Layers of rugs...

,
piles of carpets make me weak at the knees
living room 
I love the combination of the colours & textures at play

layer of Persian rugs.
raw, rustic yet comfy
layered rugs, dark moody and feminine
I like this living room. (So would Kurt, as it happens to be built in a cave.) I want to do layered rugs somewhere in my house, but I don't know how.
Turkish Delight
Street Scene Vintage: {Home Decor Trends:} Layered Rugs
natural rug beneath a pop of colour

masculine neutrals
Kilm rug + Eames chairs + Rustic table. So pretty!
natural blending with kilm
Rug!
pattern & colour anchored by the natural and kilm rug combo


I confess: I LOVE RUGS!!!

There I did it...I said my truth: that rugs are my weakness. I love to look at, shop for and buy rugs. 

My obsession for rugs began in 2006 when my husband and I moved to the Middle East for two years. Shopping for rugs there is an 'experience' that requires you to take the time to explore all the rugs made from different regions in various techniques and most importantly, to sit for awhile on a pile of carpets, sipping homemade mint tea, chatting with the owner.




No comments:

Post a Comment