Thursday, August 13, 2015

List of Happiness...The Beach



A quote that hit home...


Sunrise on Palm Beach, Qld ~ my local



Bench of contemplation & focus



Time is a wonderfully confusing thing ~ it bends, confuses, distorts and also heals

 It has been almost 10 months since we returned home to Australia from living overseas. This was a decision that was essentially made for us, not by us. 
A decision that has been both a blessing and a curse...
In the past couple of weeks that I have noticed a shift in the energy around me ~ opening up to the  lessons that are there to learn from and grow.
Everyday on social media I see quotes that are sprinkled along my path to "be inspired by". But it is the above quote that I borrowed from one of my dear friend's Facebook page that actually hit home.
And being a lover of lists - this was an eye opener!
The simple instruction to compare two lists: one that makes you happy and one that fills your day. 
Sounds simple right?

But it is often within simplicity that we find the magic we need to transform.
At the top of my list of happiness was the BEACH, so off I went to enjoy the sunrise before launching myself into my day.
Being from the East Coast of Canada - the ocean is in my blood. It has healing, meditative properties for me. 
I know this ~ so why don't I make it a daily priority if it can make me happy?
We all know and worship those two ugly words: too busy

Well I am choosing happiness as my new mantra instead.
How about you...what simple acts can make your lists more compatible? 
What do you do to banish the "I'm too busy" mantra to replace it with your search for happiness?





1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post Tasha, do you think Zoe will love the ocean as much as you, me and your grandmother do/did? I miss my sunrise walks so much and even when I get home in Sept the best I will be able to do is watch the fog lift off the Harbour?

    ReplyDelete